20 Things You can do to Get Your Home Ready to Put on the Market For Sale
1. Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas. Trim hedges, weed lawns, flowerbeds and prune trees. Cut back overgrown Shrubbery.
2. Put away toys. Clean porch and patio furniture.
3. Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
4. Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
5. Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice.
6. Wash the windows inside and out.
7. Clean or hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
8. Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige (neutral color).
9. Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
10. Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
11. Repair drippy faucets and shower-heads. Unclog slow drains.
12. Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
13. Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
14. Replace Air Filter. Clean all air vents.
15. Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
16. Re-nail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
17. Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
18. Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
19. Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways (inside and out).
20. Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.
Call Mary, for more information on Getting Your Home in Top Selling Condition!